Friday, February 22, 2013

New idea

So I'm finally on the internet again and all of this thinking about The New Yorker has given me and idea for this blog: What if, instead of writing every day or every once in a while, what if I posted once a week, say, every Monday, and it was one big post, kind of like a weekly magazine. And each week there'd be a little of everything: a movie review, an article about new songs on the radio or what was good on TV that week, there could be a section on various things to look forward to in the coming week, like books that are coming out or new albums. Like I said before, I don't read The New Yorker. It's a good magazine but it doesn't really interest me. Still, I like the format. I could do an article on some random subject (and then fact-check like crazy) and then I could write a short story or two. I'm not funny but maybe I could draw some cartoons. They just won't be funny. The only thing is, I don't have a scanner so that will make it really hard to add any visual material. This could be a lot of fun. I'm gonna be busy with work over the next couple days and with the storm coming tomorrow I'm gonna be staying at a friend's house overnight so it's gonna be a while before i make these changes, if I do.

No comments: