Monday, February 14, 2011

New writing methods


This year I'm going to try new ways of writing- I wanna see what works and what doesn't.

So this is gonna be a five-minute post. Just five minutes, no topic other than the day that just ended.

Tonight my friend and her boyfriend came over and we watched Shawshank and during commercials she switched over to a show called Sex Robots that followed a man who was coming out as a robot fetishist and people who were building sex robots.

I'm still not convinced that it was a real show.

It made me think about the A&E show Intervention. I think it's funny that it poses as a show that wants to help people. If anything, it can help by example, by which I mean: viewers can watch the addicts and think "I don't want to be like that". that's fine. But they can't clain that they actually want to help the actual addicts featured on the show. If they did they would never air any episodes.

Take Allison. No matter if she gets clean or not, no matter what she ever does, she'll always be the It's Girl, as in "It's like I'm walking on sunshine". She was refering to huffing those cans of duster that you use to clean your computer. She was a wicked freak in that show and if it were me I'd kill myself. her life is over. You don't bounce back afte that.

The truth is, Intervention is only about exploiting the addicts. They want the craziest behavior, the ugliest scenes, and the wierdest comments. The producers can try to deny it but that's the way it is.

Some other say I'd like to write about the sad slide that A&E has taken. They used to play moives like Mrs Parker and the Vicious Circle, now it's all shows like Gene Simmons's Family Jewels and The Two Coreys. The Discovery Channel is even worse- it used to be an educational science station, now it's all ghost stories.

No comments: