Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins


Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins Rabbit Fur Coat

I remember reading a lot about Jenny Lewis a couple years ago. I think Elvis Costello was saying good things about her record Rabbit Fur Coat and I planned on checking it out.

This week I finally got it. I wish I'd heard it sooner.

I've been listening to it without skipping anything (except "Rabbit Fur Coat", but I'll probably give it another chance tonight). You know how when you listen to a new album and a couple songs jump out at you and even after only a couple listens will be playing in your head when you're walking around at night or at the grocery store? Here, that would be "You Are What You Love" and "Rise Up With Fists!!". I can't get enough of them. I want to play them over and over- especially the former as it fits in perfectly with what's going on with me now- but I'm afraid I'll get sick of them. I think this CD will be in my player for a long time.

No comments: