Saturday, May 21, 2011

Throwing Muses

Over at KristinHersh.com there's news of a 4AD Throwing Muses anthology that's due to come out later this year. It's supposed to be one disc of "the best of", and another disc of B-sides plus rare songs, like University-era "Hillbilly".

I decided to come up with around 25 tracks that would best represent TM. I'm including B-sides, as so many of their best songs are B-sides.

If you don't know Throwing Muses you should download these songs and burn your own compilation.

The Best of Throwing Muses
1. Fish
2. Hate My Way
3. And a She- Wolf After the War
4. Mexican Women
5. Colder
6. Cry Baby Cry
7. Mania [Live]
8. Devil's Roof
9. Him Dancing [Remix]
10. Cottonmouth
11. Cry Baby Cry (Lennon/ McCartney)
12. Two Step
13. Honeychain
14. Carnival Wig
15. Rosetta Stone
16. Red Eyes
17. Crayon Sun
18. Snakeface
19. Surf Cowboy
20. Tar Kissers
21. Buzz
22. Half Blast
23. Speed and Sleep
24. Amazing Grace

The last TM album came out in 2003. Whenever I listened to it I'd always skip over the songs "Status Quo" and "Speed and Sleep". I had no idea what I was missing- "Speed and Sleep" is one of the best TM songs ever.

No comments: