Friday, August 12, 2011

Corinne Bailey Rae "The Love EP"


The Love EP
Corinne Bailey Rae
Released: March 13, 2011

I wish more artists would do things like The Love EP. I love covers. Of course, my favorite thing is when musicians cover recent songs, like when Joss Stone recorded The White Stripes's "Fell in Love With a Girl", but I'll settle for an older song.

Here, Corinne Bailey Rae covers Prince, Wings, and Bob Marley, but most importantly, Belly. That was a surprise. Even more surprising was the song choice. It wasn't "Feed The Tree" or "Gepetto" or even "Judas My Heart". She chose "Low Red Moon", the slow, dark track that closes side one of Star.

"Low Red Moon" is the second track here, and it stands in sharp contrast to the song that opens the EP, Prince's "I Wanna Be Your Lover"

Here's the full tracklist:

1. I Wanna Be Your Lover
2. Low Red Moon
3. Is This Love
4. My Love
5 Que Sera, Sera

If you like Corinne Bailey Rae, or if your just interested in hearing new versions of these songs, then you should pick up The Love EP, it's a great CD.

No comments: