Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Final Girl Film Club"

It's always been my dream to be a member of the Final Girl Film Club. Her's is one of the first blogs I ever read and it's still my favorite. About a year and a half ago, well before I started my own blog, I asked for her advice on what makes a good blog. I liked her advice, which for privacy's sake I won't repeat here (not that I think she'd mind; it's just that it was a private conversation (not that I think she'd even remember- it was a brief conversation)).

I wish I could write like her. Her blog is always fun to read; whether she's joking or being serious it's always a good time. It's taken me some time, but I've accepted the fact that I'm never going to write like her. So instead I'm just going to be myself, write as well as I can, and hope for the best.

The date of the next Final Girl Film Club movie is May 11, and the movie is Amityville II: The Possession, a movie which I reviewed here last year. I like the review that I wrote, still, I plan on watching the film again and writing something fresh. It's always been one of my favorite movies and it had a major effect on young RJ, so I think I have a lot to say about it. And now that I've finally written my first major movie review (Shattered Glass), I think I'm finally ready to put out a really good post on Amityville II. By the way, did you read my review of Shattered Glass? If you haven't, check it out.

Anyway, mark your calender and stop by on May 11. I'm not Final Girl, but I'll try to make it fun.

No comments: