Saturday, July 11, 2009

There's a lot coming up

There are a few posts I'm working on (now I write and edit first before posting, except for this post cause I just wanna get on right now and write- I've been gone too long).

I've been reading a lot lately. Because I love reading, of course, but also because I'm hoping it'll maker me a better write and this, RJ Battles, a better blog.

There a lot of good advice in Stephen King's On Writing. Also in Strunk & White's Elements of Style, which SK recomends. I got that from the library last montha and read it twice, good fun. I wanted to read some Ira Levin but, unfortunately, my library has only his books which I don't wanna read- I saw the original Stepford Wives movie, and I wanna read Rosemary's Baby, not the sequel.

What I really wanna get my hands on is A Kiss Before Dying. In her Romantic Manifesto Ayn Rand raves about that book and then goes on to slam Levin for following it up with an occult book, Rosemary's Baby. Of course by the time Rand wrote that she was very bitter in general (I think) so I believe her judgement was out of whack.

My friend wants to get back on his computer now so, till next time- take care.

No comments: