Thursday, June 16, 2011

I wish I had readers

There are so many subjects I wanna touch on. I've seen some good movies and shows lately- I finally got to see all of Wishful Drinking, and last night Hoffa was on- it's a surprisingly attractive movie. The dear hunting scene, for instance, may have been shot on a soundstage but it works to its benefit. The yellow sky is pretty and adds excitement; it heightens the scene.

I have to say: I saw the ending a mile away, and not just because we all know Hoffa dies at the end. I knew who would kill him because a) He looks too innocent, and b) when the kid makes a phone call he uses Bobby's last name even though he shouldn't.

I'm just wondering, what does Bobby send gift-wrapped to the newspaper? I think I know but I'm not sure.

About a month ago I saw Paul Simon on Letterman around 1986 or 1987. Simon mentioned how he hates it when people allow their songs to be used in ads. Then I remembered that "The Only Living Boy In New York" is being used in a car commercial. It could be that he had nothing to do with that, but I thought I read somewhere that, unlike most singers, Simon owns the copyrights to his songs. I'm interested to hear the full story.

That's it for now, I hope to be back soon.

No comments: