Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Throwing Muses Anthology


Anthology (September 5, 2011) Throwing Muses

I can't wait till Anthology comes out. Disc Two (B-sides and rarities) is going to be one of the greatest CDs ever. So many excellent songs together for the first time. It's just a limited-edition bonus disc, but I believe it should be released on its own and promoted. It's all from the 90s and none of it sounds dated at all. I think it could be something never seen before: a B-sides album that becomes a hit. Why not?

Disc One was a surprise for me. I wasn't expecting "No Way In Hell". Same with "You Cage", "Finished", and "A Feeling".

Most of TM's singles were left off- as far as I know, the only one on there is "Bright Yellow Gun". I wasn't expecting 'Dizzy", but I wonder if BYG was included because it came out when they had their biggest mainstream exposure and that's the one TM song that most people might've heard before, or, if it's a song that the band really likes a lot. I like BYG but I prefer "Shark", still, nobody's heard it.

The only song I would've left off is "Vicky's Box", but I know a lot of people like it and the ending is pretty cool.

Anyway, I'm hoping that TM will come to Massachusetts when they go on tour. I'll definitely get a ticket. I missed them when they came to Boston in 2006 and I'm not letting that happen again.


Note: By the time I got to the forth paragraph in the press release I was expecting to read "we decided to eschew "White Bikini Sand" and "Santa Claus".

1 comment:

RJ Battles said...

By the way, last month here at RJ Battles I made up my own tracklisting. I chose 25 songs which I considered their best (including B-sides), and of those, 7 were actually chosen for "Anthology". Makes me feel pretty smart.