Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm tempted




Right by where I work there are two record stores: Turn It Up- a used record store, and Newbury Comics- a chain record store that also sells used CDs. Both are great and I spend a lot of time at each.

Right now Turn It Up has a CD that I really want to get, but then again, it's kind of a waste. It's a CD maxi- single for The Pixies's "Alec Eiffel". It's got the same B-sides as "Planet Of Sound" so I don't need the music. But I really like the sleeve. It's got a cool cover, but what I like best is the back cover. And what I like best about that is the eye on the top. I especially like how it has a border around it.

The Trompe Le Monde-era isn't my favorite time for Pixies sleeve art, but there are some aspects of it that I really admire. The back cover of TLM is one of the best Pixies images- beautiful and a great idea. And the "Alec" CD package goes along well with that image.

It only costs $3 and I get paid tomorrow. This time tomorrow night it might be mine.

Good night.

No comments: