Thursday, March 29, 2012

"The Cult Of Ray"



Other than the Madonna "Blond Ambition" shirts that I got in 1990, the only music T-shirt I ever had was The Breeders's with the cover of Last Splash on it. One that I always wanted was the one for The Cult of Ray- it was simple and perfect: just the one-eyed face.

And other than Oddballs, Ray is probably the last FB album that had a cover that I liked (well, Show Me Your Tears has a cool cover too).

Raygun was a really neat magazine. I don't know for sure, but I think it was only published in the 1990s. If you've never seen it, all I can say is that it was very much a 1990s kind of magazine. It had a very experimental, "alternative" look- the type was always off-center or different sizes. Photos would be fragmented. It's hard to explain. I bought the issue from 1995 with Belly on the cover, but I'd never seen this one, which came out sometime in 1993, I think. I'd love to get my hands on it.

No comments: