Monday, January 18, 2010

"Another Lonely Christmas" Prince and the Revolution



Another Lonely Christmas (1994) Prince and the Revolution

I loved this song when I first heard it. I already had the Purple Rain album (on tape) and it was the singles that got me buying records just for the sleeve and/or the B-side.

It's such a sad song and when I was a kid I assumed that it was all true (maybe it is- I'd like to know; I looked for a Prince biography at the library but they don't have one). Plus it sounds cool. Did you know there's an extended version with extra lyrics out there? You can find it on Soulseek.

I also liked how with this single (it's the B-side for "I Would Die 4 U"), there's a concert photo on the front and on the back it's all about ALC. I thought the picture was cool as a kid (it kinda is) but now it seems very 80s. Still, it's got the flowers on the floor- was it done at the same time as the Purple Rain sleeve and the flowers on the white floor. A Prince biography could answer these questions.

No comments: