Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Prince "The Hits/The B-sides"




The Hits/The B-sides 3-disc collection (1993) Prince

For Christmas 1993 I got the Janis 3-disc box set and The Hits/The B-sides and listened to both all winter. I wasn't crazy about all the songs included on The Hits; the new songs were weak, plus all the songs were in random order- it's like there was no plan. I do remember that CD One was made up of the cleaner songs while CD Two had songs like "Gett Off" and "Sexy MF".

Mostly I listened to The B-sides. It has the Purple Rain and Around the World in a Day- era songs like "17 Days" and "She's Always In My Hair", plus "4 the Tears in Your Eyes" from We Are The World.

Like most people I stopped buying Prince records after The Hits/ The B-sides. Come was alright, but that's it. I don't think he did another good song until "Black Sweat".

No comments: