Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Cruel Intentions 2"


Cruel Intentions 2 (2000)

I only saw a few minutes of the original. I know this about it:

1. Pacey's in it.
2. Reese Witherspoon fell in love with Ryan Philipe making it; I think she said she knew during a scene where she had to slap his face.

One day I was flipping around and I saw the breakfast-in-bed scene from CI2 and I liked it- it was pretty funny. It's followed by a shower scene with identical twins making out. For whatever reason, I didn't get to watch the whole movie that day- had to go to work or something.

I'd been searching for it on DVD. Finally it turned up at a used record store for $5. I snatched it right up. It's a terrible movie and, I'm sure, an embarrassment to Amy Adams, who plays Kathrine.

It was supposed to be a TV show on Fox. They called it off so the movie is the first few episodes with some nudity added. That's why it sometimes makes no sense. The first time I watched it I noticed that Sebastian wakes up with hair on his chest and seconds later, as he walks towards the shower he has none. It comes and goes throughout the movie. Watch for it. And as you watch you can clearly see which scenes were for the TV show and which scenes were added for the movie.

Still, I love this movie. In spite of all its problems it's fun. I love the Cambodian maid and the scene where Katherine tries to change and be a nicer person and attempts a friendly conversation ("The Khumer Rouge? No misunderstanding that shade of rouge!").

Robin Dunne, who takes over the role of Sebastian, was on "Dawson's Creek" and the movie makes a couple references to the show. Dunne is kind of a C-list, direct-to -DVD version of Joshua Jackson- he was the star of The Skulls II and in American Psycho II. He's good here. Everything is. I love to pop this movie in; it's one of the few DVDs I own. I can't get enough of the shower scene. It alone is worth whatever you might pay to see this movie.

No comments: