Friday, July 16, 2010

Black Sessions plus the Kitchen Tapes


Back in 1996, my friend bought the Black Sessions CD- the one with the black and white cover and the block letters; I waited cause I knew there was another version out there that had a couple extra songs on it.

They're really the best part of the CD. There is a solo version of "I Want to Live on an Abstract Plain" but what I really like are the early versions of "Jumping Beans" and "Modern Age" played with Joey Santiago. The finished versions are great- especially "Jumping Beans", but these demos are my favorites.

Note: One time in Providence, on Thayer St., I saw this on vinyl. It looked pretty cool but I try not to buy doubles of anything, no matter how much I might want to. Plus I didn't own a record player at the time.

No comments: