Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Lost In Space"



Years ago, and another computer ago, I had downloaded Lost In Space, along with the bonus disc. Anyway, today I finally bought it- got it used for $8.

The album itself is kind of a downer, but in a good way. Disc Two has a little more variety: there are the B-sides, "Nightmare Girl" (which reminds me of the opening theme to Rosemary's Baby) and "Backfire" (why wasn't it released as a single?), a cover of Coldplay's "The Scientist", and two unreleased songs, "Fighting the Stall" and the best song in the whole collection, "Observatory". The rest of the songs are live tracks from Space.

The packaging is really nice too. I'm not into graphic novels, or as I like to call them, comic books, but I guess they're the cool thing now.

If you get the chance, buy it. If you don't believe me, check out the first track, "Humpty Dumpty".

No comments: