Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Rock

That movie, The Rock, is on right now (I'm not really watching it). I noticed that it stars John Spencer. Sometimes I wonder what led to certain cators being cast on The West Wing. Like, I think the producers probably saw Elizabeth Moss as "Torch" in Girl, Interupted. Allison Janney was in Private Parts but I don't remember her. I didn't even know who she played in American Beauty till I watched for it.

Aaron Sorkin, I read, was a "script doctor" for The Rock, so he probably watched it and spotted Spencer.

The idea of script doctors interests me, especially when it's someone well known. I read that Carrie Fisher has done it but I don't know which movies, Same thing with Bret Easton Ellis. I'd like to know which movies and which lines they wrote.

No comments: