Monday, February 13, 2012

Pixies "Debaser"





"Debaser" is a special song for me as it's the first Pixies song I ever heard. As I probably wrote here before, February 14, 1994 I went to a record store the next town over one night after school and I had read that Kim Deal had bean in a band called The Pixies before she started The Breeders and I was curious to hear what they sounded like.

There were two or three Pixies tapes in the racks on the wall. I don't remember what else they had there, but the sleeve for Doolittle seemed pretty cool to me: it was all gold and brown and black and white. I popped it in my tape player and before I had left the parking lot I loved it.

I'm not crazy about the sleeve design for most of the Pixies's post- breakup releases (I especially can't stand Pixies At The BBC) but I like the different sleeves for "Debaser".

Anyway, on Valentine's Eve I'sd like to post about some sleeves that I identify with the 14th of February.

No comments: