Friday, February 24, 2012

Winter

Here in Western Mass it's been the best, warmest winter anyone could've hoped for. Really, the only real snow we got was on Saturday, October 29 when we got a big snowstorm before the leaves had fallen from the trees and all kinds of branches broke off and left everybody without power- me for two days, some towns for over a week.

This morning I was out having a smoke and waiting for my dad to pick me up and these hard round snowballs started falling. They made a sound when they hit the ground. We drove 20 miles south to my parents' house and they had about an inch of snow. When I got back home around 1pm it was just raining here and it's raining still.

This is great. We made it through January- the worst month. I always think that if you can survive January then you're all set for the rest of the year; everything else will be easy. Now there's less than a month of winter left.

My only regret for this winter is that I didn't read more. I don't know what I did with the last two months; I just know that I have nothing to show for it.

Anyway, I hope that whereever you are you're having a good winter and if you aren't, hold on, spring will be here soon.

No comments: