Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Ed Wood"

Ed Wood (1994) One of my movie stations has been playing Ed Wood lately. I watched it the other day and I'm watching it now, but I've still never seen the beginning. I really like it. The black and white looks great- it's a really attractive movie. Good acting all around and it's always good to see Bill Murray. I'd like to read the book that the movie was based upon- there are a lot of interesting stories behind all the characters. Also I love the movie, especially the theme that's played at the closing credits (I think it's by Howard Shore- if I'm right, this is one of the few Tinm Burton movies that danny Elfman didn't score). I mostly like Tim Burton movies- Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Batman & Batman Returns, evne Sleepy Hollow had some good moments, but I really dislike Mars Attacks. I've only seen 1/2 an hour of it but I hate it. By the waywas on last night. I've got a lot of problems with all the Scream sequels. 2 and 3 have some good parts (Laurie Metcalf and Carrie Fisher) but the endings are so preachy and lame and 4 ands the same way. Still,I have to say, 4 was a step in the right direction. It wasn't as jokey as the last two and it was a little darker. And even the lighting was scarier. I have one big complaint about 4 though: I hate Trevor's last scene- I think it's terrible what happens and it 's very upsetting. Almost ruins the whole movie, seriously.

No comments: