Friday, May 4, 2012

Guess what I got for $1

So it's payday and when I got out of work I picked up a slice of pizza and headed to the two records storesd in town, first Newbury Comics, then Turn It Up Records. There wasn';t anything at the first place, but the second place had a lot of good stuff. I got three things. First I saw a live Frank Black CD- the one with the cover picture that's the same as the one above. It's called Thursday June 24 1993 10pm EST. It was only $1. I'm listening to it now. It's got a great version of "I Heard Ramona Sing". This CD is a very clear recording. It sounds perfect. I can't wait to hear "This Is Where I Belong". I bought a cassingle too, also $1. It's The Sugarcubes's "Hit". It has a B-side I've never heard before: "Theft". The final thing I bought was kinda pricey- $10- but i think it's worth it. 2 CDs, 50 songs, Get Happy from Elvis Costello. This is the Rhino version. I had the Ryko version and I've wanted this newer one forever. This has a lot of demos and alternate versions of Get Happy songs plus songs Trust songs.

No comments: