Saturday, May 26, 2012

If I could interview Prince

I was just watching Prince being interviewed on The Today Show. It was an old interview. He seemed normal- totally fine- and maybe he is, but I've gotten the idea that he's gotten a little crazy over the past few years. I don't know. Maybe he's always been a little strange. Anyway, I like him, even though I haven't really been into any of his music since around the time of The Hits/ The B-sides. I was thinking about what it would be like if I could interview him and what I would ask. Here's what I have: What do U think of Cyndi Lauper's version of "When U Were Mine"? What was it like when U wrote and recorded "Love Song" with Madonna? What do U think of Kevin Smith? Regarding the liner notes 2 The Hits/ The B-sides- how involved were U in the writing? Also, the guy wrote about the Purple Rain-era B-sides and when he came 2 "Another Lonely Christmas", "Last, and probably least...". Do U agree? (Note: I live in western MA.) In 1979 U went on tour opening for Rick James and U played in Springfield, MA? Do U remember anything about that night? The Outkast song "Hey Ya" reminds me of U. What do U think of that song?

No comments: