Monday, August 18, 2014

First post of the new year

Hi, How are you? I've been away for a while- last September I moved out of state so that I could be closer to a friend of mine. I just got back to my hometown a week ago. It's funny: a lot has happened since this time last year, but everything is almost exactly the same. Last August 1 I moved out of my apartment and stayed with my parents for a month while I got ready for the big move.



Now I'm back at my parents' making plans for my next big move (which will, most likely, be right back where I just was). Anyway, this time last year I had just started watching "Breaking Bad" right at the time that it was starting the second half of its last season. It sucked me in and I became obsessed with it. I moved away the first week of September and once I got there I got my roommate hooked.



Every Sunday we tuned in and it helped that they played the previous episode right before the newest one. That made things clearer for both of us. The night of the last episode we ordered a pizza and a big 2 liter bottle of Coke. AMC had done a marathon that weekend and we watched as much as we could. We both like the finale- no complaints- but I've thought that there was no topping the arrest and shootout at the site of their first cook. That was so exciting and that could've been the end right there.



Now that I've seen all the episodes (I watched the 2nd marathon they did after Christmas and then my roommate bought all the DVDs so we could watch commercial-free) I have to say: I don't really like Walt. I was on his side and wanted things to work out but he was such a dick. Skyler could be annoying too but that was such a thankless role and she did the best anyone could do with it. I had two favorites. Mike. That was a well-written role and the guy who played him was totally believable. And Saul. Every scene he was in was awesome. He's a writer and I've wondered if he worked out a deal where he was able to write, or at least, polish his lines. I wish there was a menu option on the DVDs where you could select to watch just his scenes. I loved when he bought Jesse's house from his parents and when he told Skyler that Ted used her money to lease a new car.




Anyway, I got my roommate to like the old movies on TCM; we made it a habit to check out "The Essentials" on Saturday nights. He especially like "Lifeboat". I had big plans for Christmas but he ended up going to see his family and I was alone for 11 days in a cold apartment by myself (we had heat but it was expensive and I wanted to use it as little as possible). Next time I'm on I'll tell you all about my lonely Christmas.



My time away wasn't incredibly exciting. I watched a lot of SVU. I discovered "The Wendy Williams Show" and for a while it was my only reason for getting out of bed. My roommate has a thing for TruTV so we watched marathons of "Hardcore Pawn" which is as fake as wrestling. I like the family so I'm able to watch that show but I can't stand those tow truck shows. The only good show they have is "Impractical Jokers" but then, that's probably the best show on TV. It's definitely the funniest; nothing has made me laugh out loud more than that show. Alright, I'll talk to you later. Good night.

No comments: