Monday, August 18, 2014

In Cold Blood

Wait, one more quick post tonight. I've wanted to read "In Cold Blood" for the longest time. Every time I saw it somewhere- even at used bookstores- it was always around $10, so I waited. Finally, on my birthday, I found a softcover for $1. I read it, the first time, that night. I've read it now 3 times. For one thing, it's a short book. For another thing, it's perfectly written, researched, and edited. I'm sure it was labored over. In fact, I think it was written over a space of about 5 years, but it doesn't feel labored over. It's a smooth, light (that's probably not the right word) read. There are so many perfect touches and details.



The story itself is as interesting as any story could be, but the way that Truman Capote puts it together makes something that is so unlike anything that any other writer would ever make. "In Cold Blood" is probably the best book I've ever read.

No comments: