Friday, November 28, 2008

Always leave them wanting more

So many of my faithful readers have been clamoring for my long-awaited review of the film Shattered Glass. All I can say is: It will be well worth the wait. If you're waiting to read my review before you watch the movie yourself you don't really have to hold off.

And all the readers who haven't been begging for the Glass review are getting antsy so my Breeders post. That will be more tricky, because, for whatever reason, Blogger isn't letting me add pictures, or at least, Blogger didn't let me the last two times I tried. I'll fix that problem in time or, hopefully, the problem will fix itself.

So what do I have to offer?

The other day, someone- someone who I've only known a short time- asked me what makes me angry. They've only seen my shiny cheerful side and wanted to know what if I ever get thrown into a rage, and if so, what does it.

It's a good question and I thought for a moment before answering. RJ's a pretty easy-going guy and there isn't much that gets me mad. Still...

Dr. Phil.

He's such a fucking douchebag. I hate the fact that he is happy and successful. Oprah- though she's very smart otherwise- is the type of powerful person who is easily tricked by shady, crafty people. She's always looking for something profound. She's a sucker for pretty words and clever slogans, folksy wisdom.

In my head I can hear her saying,"I heard [fill in the blank] and something clicked in my mind and I thought 'That is so true'", because she's said it a billion times.

So at some point, Dr. Phil was giving her some of his hillbilly fortune cookie shit and something must've sounded profound to her and now he's on every weekday from 4 to 5.

Combovers.

Having a combover is probably the shadiest, sleaziest thing a person could do (I'm surprised Phil doesn't have one). I feel bad for the poor barber who has to cut their hair. Imagine trying to give good haircuts and some guy comes in once a month with 6 inches of wispy locks from just above his ear that he wants you to leave alone.

Those are the main things- Phil and combovers- that's my answer. But theres's more.

That guy from Good Charlette & John Mayer. Both are "serious musicians", especially Mayer- "a sensitive singer songwriter". So how could he date Jessica Simpson? You don't have to be a music snob to consider her trash. Same thing with Benji (or Joel) and what's-her-name.

And, while we're at it, let's talk about movie stars who just happen to fall in love with whatever actor they happen to be cast with in a movie.

Out of all the people in the world they convince themselves that their perfect match is their current co-star. The perfect example is Angelina Jolie. How many co-stars has she married? Johnny Lee Miller, Billy Bob, then Brad Pitt (plus she fell in love with a woman who starred in a movie with her). It annoys me.

No comments: