Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Message To All My Friends

I'm lucky to have such wonderful friends. Everytime I've needed help you've been there. I wonder what I would do if anything ever happened to you. I've realized that if you die I won't be able to sponge off you anymore and that makes me sad.

That's why we need to make a plan for the future: I'd like to be in your will and/or the beneficiary of your life insurance policy.

And even if you don't have a fortune you can still leave me something. But, and this is very inmportant- it has to be something you know I'd want. For instance, Amber, please don't leave me Dusty as a joke because- I assure you- the joke will be on Dusty, a sad, scary joke, probably involving a woodchipper aimed at your headstone. I'm not a religious man, but I'd like to imagine you in the afterlife hearing a choir of angels, not the sound of shredded dog meat spewed onto a marble block.

I guess what I'm saying is: give me what I want and nobody gets hurt.

No comments: