Friday, December 19, 2008

2009 in 3-D

2009 is going to be a huge year for 3-D. First, on January 16, there's the release of the My Bloody Valentine remake. Then, just 18 days later, Friday the 13th Part III will finally be out on DVD in three dimensions.

As far as Ft13 III, I've been waiting for years; I remember coming across an online petition asking Paramount to put the 3-D version on DVD. Very soon the dream will be coming true. I've seen the flat Part III on HBO but the only 3-D movie I've ever seen in the theatres is Jaws 3-D, which was awesome. They've gotta get that out on DVD soon.

I don't remember if I saw the original My Bloody Valentine on HBO or if my dad rented from the video store up the street. I liked it a lot though- I'm gonna rent it after Christmas, maybe New Years Eve.

I get a feeling the decision was made to make the remake in 3-D because, otherwise, there wasn't much of a demand for a MBV remake. Most 19 year-olds have probably never heard of the original. It doesn't matter to me though- I'll be there on opening night.

No comments: