Friday, December 12, 2008

Belly postcards






The two 7" singles from Belly's album Star each came with two postcards.

The doll and the chair came with "Gepetto" and the other two came with "Feed The Tree".

I bought the "Gepetto" record years ago at a store called Main Street Records. I mailed the green skin/ black-haired doll postcard to my friend Angela when she went away to college, but I saved my favorite- the chair- and I've still got it.

The chair is one of my all-time favorite Chris Gorman photographs; I love the way the colors shift.

Now that I think of it, there might actually be six postcards in the series. I think on the white & black side where it had the "Belly" logo in the top left corner it said "1 in a series of 6", which means I'm gonna have to track down the other two.

No comments: