Sunday, December 28, 2008

I feel better now

I hardly ever get depressed, and when I do it's only for about a week and then I snap out of it. A week before Christmas I was feeling down till I saw a TV commercial for something called a Snuggee.

It's a blanket that you can wear. At the start of the ad there's a woman on the couch under a blanket- the phone rings. What's she gonna do? Her hands are under the blanket.

The Snuggee commercial takes normal-looking people, adults and children, and makes them look like creepy cult members in bright bold primary color Druid robes.

The commercial shows that everyone loves a blanket with arm-holes. There's an old man in his chair at home in a Snuggee. There's a family at a sporting event clapping their hands in Snuggees. There's a convict in his cell in a Snuggee.

If I could go back in time there's only one thing I would change: I'd find a way to be in this commercial in a Snuggee. People would stop me on the street and I'd say, "Yep, that's me".

No comments: