Thursday, December 4, 2008

Get it while you can


To keep myself in the habit of blogging on a regular basis, I'm going to be straying for the next week, straying from the usual format and focus of this blog, RJ Battles, and I, RJ Battles, will be giving you, Faithful Reader, a glimpse into my everyday life.

But eventually these personal posts will be deleted by me when I clean house and streamline this site. So read while you can.

It was a bit of an uneasy sleep last night. At 4am I got under the blankets and, hugging one of my pillows, fell asleep. Two hours later, rested and ready to start the day, I pulled the blankets over my head and slept till quarter to 10.

It was then that I got up and started getting ready for my noon shift. I was more fun and easygoing than usual- I think it's after effects from the three Somas I took Tuesday.

After I got out of my second job I visited with some friends. My plan is that the next time we get to spend a night together we should play a game (I don't know what it's called)- someone says, say, "Julia Roberts", and then the first person says Pretty Woman, the second person says Ocean's Eleven, then I say Steel Magnolias, and so on till someone either can't think of a movie she starred in or names a movie she wasn't in, and that person drinks.

So after seeing my friends I walked to the store for two $2 scratch tickets (won $5 on one), but, more importantly, found 11 cents on the ground. My salsa jar where I keep my found money has nearly $3 in it. I love adding money. The highlight of my day is unscrewing the cap and dropping a penny in. Is the highlight of your day reading about it?

No comments: