Thursday, May 7, 2009

Did I mention...

...I have neither cable nor internet at my apartment so I've just been getting movies from the library. The other night I got-

Good Night, and Good Luck It was a good movie, black and white, though it really didn't need to be. I watched it twice, without and then with the director commentary. George Clooney got on my nerves a little- too sarcastic and jokey without being funny. I forgot that his aunt is Rosemary Clooney. I always think of him as George from "The Facts of Life". Is it worth seeing? Sure. But I'm glad I watched it for free; I wouldn't pay money.

The other movie was-

The Talented Mr. Ripley As much as I can't stand Matt Damon, he was very good in this. Probably his best role, aside from maybe the lawyer in The Rainmaker. Jude Law was good too, but he reminded me too much of when he played Alfred Douglas in Wilde. Cate Blanchette had some good scenes, as did what's-her-name with the blonde hair. I'm pretty sure I hate PS Hoffman and he's such a dickwad in this movie- couldn't wait for him to die. My favorite is probably the guy who played the detective towards the end- he's Jimmy Gator in Magnolia and the library detective in that episode of Seinfeld. All in all, it's alot of fun to watch and the background views are beautiful, especially in Rome and when they're out boating.

I'm at the library right now and I just got The Player and Zodiac. Sometime this week we'll have a long talk about David Fincher.

I also grabbed Roger Ebert's book on Scorsese, called Scorsese, and I picked up a couple CDs: kd lang's Drag and Aimee Mann's I'm With Stupid. I'll tell you all about it very soon.

And don't forget: Monday is Final Girl Film Club day.

No comments: