Friday, June 18, 2010

Big Y

Last night I caught Adventureland on cable- it was exactly, EXACTLY, what I expected. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't recommend it either. It wanted to be a late-80s love story but it also had an obligation to a Judd Apatow-type teenage movie.

My favorite parts were the jokey-moments, usually involving old friend Frigo (played by Matt Bush from the AT&T family rollover ads), and those scenes weren't even that funny.

I was much younger than the Advetureland characters during the late 80s, but I don't remember Lou Reed being that cool back then. In this movie everybody seems to have posters of him in their bedrooms and his name gets thrown all over the place.

I wasn't too impressed with Em (played by Kristen Stewart- Bella from Twilight) either. She was just OK.

But the big problem was the male lead, played by Jesse Eisenberg. He's the usual sensitive "good guy". Boring.

I wish Frigo was the main character; it woul;d've been a better movie.

The other day I caught the second half of Truth or Dare on TV so yesterday I watched the first half on Youtube.

I first saw it when it came out. Back in 1989 and 1990 I was obbsessed with Madonna. I loved the Like A Prayer album and all the videos. My brother and I were gonna see the Blond Ambition tour in Worchester, Mass.- it was the third of three shows there and it was cancelled due to throat problems.

No comments: