Wednesday, June 2, 2010

90210

Today I watched Beverly Hills 90210 for the first time. Then I looked it up- I didn't realize it ran from 1990 to 2000. It's odd; it seems like most big shows are part of two decades- Facts of Life, The Jeffersons, Alice, The Golden Girls.

In the first episode I saw the were studying Shakespeare and at one point Brenda said "To be a bitch or not to be a bitch". The writers must've done that on purpose because of her reputation. The scene looked familiar to me and I didn't understand why. then I realized it was probably used on VH1's I Love the 90s.

The second episode I saw ended with everyone on the beach at night- I started to hear Elvis Costello's "The Other Side of Summer". I remember he wrote in the liner notes to one of his records- I think it was Extreme Honey- about that song being used once on the show. I never thought I'd actually see and then the second time I ever watch the show, there it is.

In other news, I'm not sure if I'll make it to the Kristin Hersh show tomorrow night. I hate to miss the opportunity but it's around $17 for the ticket, then the drinks (even if I put nips in my pockets and socks like usual), plus extra expenses. We'll see.

1 comment:

RJ Battles said...

Note: This is my 350th post here at RJ Battles. Pretty exciting. Wish it was a better, more important post. Oh well.