Friday, June 4, 2010

I had a good time anyway


Since I was broke I decided not to go to the Kristin Hersh show last night. I read a few reports online and it sounds like it was a good time.

I ended up spending the night with my friend. We walked to my parents' house- it was 11pm and they were sleeping but we woke up Clementine and gave her some treats. Then we watched The Goonies. I forgot how corny it was. Remember when Mikey was alone with One-Eyed Willy and then the goonies snuck up on him-

"How long have you guys been there?"

"Long enough...long enough."

My favorite parts are when they're watching the video for "The Goonies 'R" Good Enough" and the wishing well scene when "What A Thrill" plays on the radio. I love both songs. "What A Thrill" goes all the way back to Cyndi Lauper's time with Blue Angel.

Blue Angel made some really good songs (True Colors's "Maybe He'll Know" is a BA song) and even though they're from 1980 they don't sound dated because they're done in a 1950s style.

No comments: