Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

I haven't yet written in my journal about Christmas 2011 and since I'm kind of pressed for time and I haven't written here in a while, it's all going here.

For me, Christmas started this past Friday night when I did all my Christmas shopping. I only bought for my three roommates and my 2 year old niece so it didn't take long. I came home and wrapped everything, and when I haven';t yet gotten the Christmas spirit, wrapping presents always does the trick.

I worked the next day and afterwards I went to my parents house and we got ready to go to my cousin's house where we go every year for Christmas Eve.

I love it. Two things, though, hit me this year. Every year it's exactly the same. Same great food, same routine, same family members. I guess that's pretty comforting. Because it's always the same, I was time-tripping a little, because it felt like last year's Chjristmas Eve was the day before- that's how close it all felt. Also, my cousin Josh asked me what was new and I realized that not a single thing about my life had changed from the year before. Nothing. I guess I could feel thankful and instead I feel like a big fat loser.

We drove home and my dad ghot ready for bed and my mom and I sat in the living room with the two dogs, one on each of our laps and we watched old movies and read and waiting till 11pm when my brother got home from work. After a quick visit we all went to bed.

Tghe next morning we did presents and I helped mom clean and get lunch together. It was just us, my parents, my brothers, and my brother John's wife and daughter.

I got Gigi 2 books and a notebook with a light-up snowman cover. She opened the first gift and tossed the book aside so fast that I wish we had it on video. No interest. But she loved her Dora pajamas and insisted on wearing them instead of her cute Santa suit.

Gigi and John's wife Stacie were tired so they didn't go to my grandmothers to see everyone before they came to my parent's for dessert. My mom's side of the family was pissed at John because they wanted to see Gigi and had presents for her so they ended up stayjing at Noni's and not coming for dessert. I think my mom was disappointed and sad but she didn't say anything. It's just that she had made brownies and Christmas sugar cookies with buttercream frosting and I'm sure Christmas didn't feel complete without coffee and dessert together.

I went to bed early and the next morning i woke up sick and spent the entire day in bed until 7pm when a friend came to pick me up and take me home.

I had a really good time though I wish I had stepped in and offered to drive Stacie home for a nap or said that I'd take John and Gigi up to Noni's. All the hard feelings could've been avoided but I was tired myself and not really thinking.

So that's my Christmas story, hope you enjoyed it, and I hope that you yourself had a great Christmas.

If I don't talk to you before then, Happy New Year. Love RJ

No comments: