Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Informers

I've been wanting to see The Informers for a while. The Informers was the first Bret Easton Ellis book I read. It was the book cover that got my attention. Back then, I'd go to the library and choose the book that with the cover that looked the most "artistic'. That's what got me to read The Virgin Suicides and The Tale of the Body Thief.

As for The Informers, I'd remembered all the stories about American Psycho but I wasn't interested in reading that until after reading The Informers. The Informers cover had a blue sky with clouds and a black block with the letters of the title cut out and the all the type was set at an angle.

I was flipping around the other night before bed and caught the middle of The Informers. I watched 20 minutes and it was all so dull and boring that I turned it off and went to bed.

I have a theory that any movie with an "all- star cast" is terrible. I have a soft spot for the Cannonball movies but they're bad. And I love Garry Marshall- Penny's brother. He's great director (Pretty Woman), and a great actor (Soapdish) but you couldn't pay me to see his two newest movies, Valentines Day and New Years Eve. The ads make me angry.

Anyway, I've read Ellis say that The Rules of Attraction was the best movie made from one of his books and I agree. It did the best job of capturing the attitude of his writing.

No comments: