Wednesday, April 11, 2012

FLYBOYS (2006)

FLYBOYS (2006)

Sometime soon I hope to write about FLYBOYS, a 2006 James Franco movie about WWI pilots. Franco's character is based on Frank Luke, who I've been obsessed with since 1999.

I was looking up FLYBOYS on Wiki and looking at the guy who directed it. His name is Tony Brill. Looking back over the movies he's made, I didn't recognize any till I got to the 1980s and 90s. He directed MY BODYGUARD (1980). That was a strange movie- it just had a lot of odd touches, I thought. His next movie was one that I remembered seeing a lot on HBO when I was a kid. It was a sad, sappy "dying kid" movie starring Mary Tyler Moore and Dudley Moore. The kid as six weeks to live and I clearly remember her dying on a subway, right after going to see a Broadway play or something. The other movie I recognized was 1990's CRAZY PEOPLE, also starring Dudley Moore- it was a comedy that I saw at the movies with my brother and I thought it was kind of funny at the time but I've seen it since and could only take about 15 minutes of it.

Anyway, I'm not expecting much from FLYBOYS, and I don't really like James Franco, but I really do wanna see it. Maybe it'll be a good story but either way, I've gotta see it because it's Luke-related.

No comments: