Friday, February 13, 2009

My Bloody Valentine 3-D

My Bloody Valentine (2009)

I'm glad that I went to see this instead of the new Friday the 13th. I'm not much into modern horror movies- they're all about pain and new, gorier ways to chop people up- the last one I saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, really turned me off. It's just too upsetting for me. That's why I've avoided the Saw movies and Hostel and Rob Zombie's movies. And I think Friday would be just like those.

Though some scenes were too much, mostly MBV was done in the style of an 80's slasher. It was more fun, there was some suspense, and the 3-D was impressive.

Almost the entire film was neat to look at- especially the ariel shots of the bridge leading to Harmony and the mines. Hopefully more movies will be made this way over the next couple years; there's a lot that could be done.

What bothered me the most (aside from the shovel scene and the Tom Atkins porch scene) was when the wife was closing up the supermarket and she and the other girl heard a noise. What with everything going on they should've just left- especially since they were right by the front doors. I know it's stupid to complain about horror movie characters doing stupid things but I can't help myself.

The 3-D glasses cost 3.50. That bothered me a little too. Also, before the movie started there was an announcement saying to throw the glasses in the recycling bin afterwards. Why, so people don't carry them out and hand theirs to people waiting in the ticket line and saving them three and a half bucks?

Anyway, I'd recommend My Bloody Valentine to anyone.

No comments: