Thursday, March 5, 2009

RJ Battles and more Belly



Next week I'm moving and it's up in the air whether I'll have internet there. If it's not there already I'll set it up April 1st and in the meantime I'll find places to get on and post, don't worry.

Looking back, I've been good about updating on a regular basis. My average is about one post every other day. Not bad considering I was without service for the second half of January.

So relax, everything will work out fine.

To calm you down I'm throwing a little Belly your way.

I have to admit, the 1994 release Moon is probably my least favorite Belly record, which is kind of sad considering how excited I was when I bought it. Five remixes (or maybe four- I think It's Not Unusual (Ivo's Version) is just the regular B-side). But still, that's pretty cool that they would remix a B-side. And Full Moon, Empty Heart was one of my favorite tracks off Star. To make things even more exciting, the last track, Full Moon, Empty Heart (Bloody Mary Mix), is over ten minutes long. The only thing better would be if the B-side they chose to remix was "Sexy S" and if the Star track was "Sad Dress".

One good thing about this EP is that, with this, along with some some other Belly records, you could make your own "alternate version" of the Star LP:

Dusted (Slow Dust hidden track)
Gepetto (Remix)
Slow Dog (US Radio Remix)
Low Red Moon (Slow Dust version)
Feed The Tree (Remix)
Full Moon, Empty Heart (Lunar Mix)
White Belly (4AD demo)
Star (Full Band Version)

A while back, on her website- Slumberland, Tanya Donelly posted some of her Star demos that she recorded with Kim Deal. Originally the plan was that they would take turns writing Breeders albums. If you grabbed those when they were up you could add them to fill in for Someone to Die For, Every Word, Witch, ect.



Photography: Chris Gorman, Design: Chris Bigg

No comments: