Thursday, December 17, 2009

The childrens book is on hold for now


Actually it's been a while since I did any work on the childrens book- I want it to be a Bunnicula style book with pictures. What I'm working on instead is a horror movie that i want to write and direct for Lifetime. In the old days, TV showed movies like Dark Night of the Scarecrow- there were real made-for-TV horror movies.

Now there's really no limit to what you can see in horror movies on TV. I always think it's funny when they play a movie like Vacation a lot of stuff, really tame stuff, is still cut out- they're playing the movie the way it was editied for TV back in the mid-80s.

But I don't want violence or gore, just suspense and excitement. I wonder if I'll somehow make the movie and then bring it to Lifetime or if I go to Lifetime with the idea and then make it for them. I'll worry about that later.

No comments: