Sunday, December 13, 2009

Frank Black "Teenager of the Year"




I read somewhere that the Pixies are gonna record some new songs in 2010. I can't say I'm excited- I think it'll be interesting. I think it'll be a challenge because so much time has gone by and the pressure's on.

I like the Pixies. When I first heard their songs in 1994 I loved them. i couldn't get enough. I bought everything and played it over and over, then I started buying Frank Black records.

To be honest, I wouldn't even think of listening to the Pixies now. Aside from "The Purple tape' and the two songs they did in 2004 I've listened to everything else- B-sides included- so many times. The same thing goes for the first two FB albums. In fact, I'll probably never listen to them again.

I can't believe it's been 15 years since TotY came out. It's crazy.

One thing i'd love, though, is a remix album with songs from those albums- minus the keyboards. Just straight rock songs. That would be interesting.

No comments: