Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hidden Cameras show


The first week in November I got to see the Hidden Cameras play at the Iron Horse in Northampton. It's my first time seeing them- I'd definitely go again- and i have to say: I've been to a lot of shows and I think this one was special. The music was very exciting. I thought it was too bad that the crowd was so small. You'd think that in Northampton more people would know about the Cameras but in the weeks leading up to the show, and since- no THC cds at the local record store.
I have none of their albums though i'd like to change that and I know a few of their songs, my favorites being, of course, "AWOO" & "Death of a Tune".

An interesting sidenote: I first heard of THC through the myspace page of John Barleycorn, who used to run a blog that I followed. When I originally stumbled onto his myspace page, I thought he had taken his name from a Frank Black song. Nope. Anyway, we got to talking, I became a regular reader of his blog, and then found out later that he's actually from this part of the state and went to high school with my best friend. Anyway, he was at the show- he must've made the trip from Boston. I almost said hi but decided against it. I don't really know him.

No comments: