Friday, December 18, 2009

Today I was a dishwasher

One of the dishwashers at the place I work, my friend Josh, sprained his ankle this afternoon and my boss texted and asked if I would like to fill in.

I rushed right over. I'd just spent $18 on a Christmas present for my father so I figured 3 & 1/2 hours would balance things out and while i had things to do, they could wait. After, I had some errands to run, so that's why I didn't put any time into my Lifetime horror movie script today. And right now it's twenty after ten and I'm working in the morning so I'll have to do it tomorrow night.

The thing is: here, in the early stages it's a real chore- a friend walks in, "Hi", "Hi", "How are you?", "Good, how are you?". It's fucking boring. Buty I can't punch up the diologue till the diologue is written, so it's gotta be done.

I wish I had a writing partner, but then, there are a lot of things in my life I wish I had a partner for.

No comments: