Monday, October 13, 2008

My new favorite show again

Tonight, my roommate was watching last night's episode of Desperate Housewives so I went in and watched it with him. Five minutes into it he had to press Pause because I was asking a thousand questions;
"Does what's-her-name still have cancer?"
"Whatever happened to Zack?"
"Susan has a son?"
"How did Carlos lose his vision?"
"It's 5 years later?"

I haven't watched DH since midway through the 2nd second season; I didn't lose interest, I just missed a few episodes and figured I'd catch up eventually. Which I did.

What I loved about the show is that it's so funny and I saw tonight that it's still the same. Bree is great.

The other thing I love is all the people that joined the cast, either for a few episodes or for good. Agent Cooper, Julia Sugarbaker, Aunt Jackie (plus Fisher), the weird guy from Band of Brothers, and most of all, Mrs. Landingham.

Did you know that Sheryl Lee, the actress who played Laura Palmer on Twin Peaks, was the supposed to play Mary Alice Young? I guess she even filmed some scenes for the original pilot. That would've been neat, a good idea, but they probably made the right choice- the woman who does the voice is perfect and I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it now.

No comments: