Monday, October 13, 2008

Produced, arranged, composed, and performed by RJ






When I think of Prince, I think of the big hair, the motorcycle, the purple jackets; I think of "Purple Rain"-era Prince.

I don't know if that was his best album, but it was definitely his best time overall. The B-sides were his best (except for "God"), and the sleeve design was the best (except for "Take Me With U").

"17 Days","Erotic City", & "Another Lonely Christmas" are three of my favorite songs to this day (though, while the other two have held up pretty well, "17 Days" seems slightly dated, also whenever I hear it, it seems so much slower than I remember- like when your walkman batteries are dying).

First I got the "Doves" 45- loved the back cover with all the flowers and that purple text. Even more, though, I loved the record label itself which was a section of that picture with the same pointy lettering. It was the 1st time that I had seen a label that wasn't the usual Sire or Portrait or Epic. Very exciting.

No comments: