Saturday, October 11, 2008

"She's testing you"


This morning I figured out what to do when there's a problem with the Direct TV here ( last night it froze on the big dinner scene from The Miracle Worker, it was the first good thing that's been on TCM since I moved here, but not the best thing on Direct TV-The Chiller Channel has Twin Peaks reruns).

This computer hasn't been hooked up to the internet in over a year, and when I was looking through my Favorites I found some kind of database (not eyesore) that had Belly & Breeder cover scans.

Here's how it looks: the Kristin Hersh page, for instance, will have say, 7 entries for Hips & Makers and maybe 6 of them will show just the cover, or an alternate cover, but the 7th may have some of the inside artwork.

Yesterday I got to see the booklet for In a Doghouse; interesting, but I'm glad I didn't buy it like I did Sweet Ride.

There were two very exciting finds. The first was the Gepetto remix EP on cassette. It's a lot like the Gepetto cassette single I have (both Gepetto and Slow Dog remixed), except it's in the normal cassette format and not the cassingle format. I love the "Gepetto Remix" side lettering, plus the backflap song title lettering with the purple/brown Belly logos in the background.

The monkey wrench picture is the same but the lettering is different (I like my tape version better).

The next exciting thing was the cassette version of Star from 4AD. Again, a lot like my Sire version, but with some cool differences: the back flap has the song titles closer, the doll picture is colorized, and the best thing- the fake flowers from the CD back cover; it must be the original full photo, covered in Belly logos. I love the back cover of the Star album, not just the photo itself which has a kind of watercolor quality, but the both versions of the song title lettering. I switch around a lot, but this picture has probably been my desktop background more than any other.

I don't know how long I was on this site yesterday, probably no more than two hours. I checked all the releases for Belly, Tanya Donelly, Throwing Muses, Kristin Hersh, Pixies, Frank Black, and The Breeders.

I think a good place to work would be the place where they print out that v23 stuff.


No comments: