Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fun time

My friend is moving an hour away with his girlfriend later this month. Since he's got the week off and I had yesterday and today off I stayed over last night.

We watched Tv and he was on the computer and I read a book about money management (Your Money or Your Life). For dinner he grilled some chicken and corn on the cob and we had some potato salad and pasta on the side.

Around midnight we went out for some smokes and McDonalds. The AC in my room was on so I didn't realize it was storning outside until the middle of the night- I woke up to the house shaking and the boom of thunder; the dogs were barking like crazy. I really thought the house had been hit.

Since a smoke alarm didn't go off I went right back to sleep and this morning my friend told me he went to the window. He saw his neighbors come outside because their car alarm had gone off.

Seems like a really close call.

No comments: