Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sky Motel for $3.99





Picture it:
Friday night at 8pm.
I wanna go to Newbury Comics and buy a used copy of Sky Motel that costs $4.99. On my way I remembered that The Advocate, the local free weekly, has a coupon for 25% off any used CD so I walk around looking for a newspaper box.

I'm walking under the railroad underpass in town and there's a bum sitting there. He asks if I have any money- "Sorry, I don't," I say as I walk by. I take two steps and spot a crumpled-up $5 bill on the sidewalk right in front of me.

It's all wrinkled but I can tell what it is right away. I scoop it up, slide it into my pocket and keep walking. As I do I'm a little worried that he's seeing what's happening.

If he saw he decided not to try anything. My worry was that he'd try saying that it had blown away and that the $5 was his. Or that he'd say, "Hey, you just found money on the ground. Can I get something now, please?", but no.

So I eventually found a coupon, bought Sky Motel for $3.99 and ended up with a profit of $1.01.

That's what I call a good night.

No comments: