Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lost review

Monday I posted a review of Point Of No Return (1993), not really a review- it was more like watching the movie with me. But when I tried to publish it I lost it. I'll try again.

It's raining here and I'm sarting to think about quitting smoking. Not quitting so much as just not smoking. I'm not enjoying cigarettes anymore. I still crave them though. Then when I'm done I feel sick.

I've always believed that I'm not a real smoker: I don't like the first cigarette of the day. I don't even like the first three. I like the last smoke of the day, especially after I've brushed my teeth. Sometimes, if I can't sleep I'll get out of bed and light one up.

In other news, I've been wanting to read Shirley Jackson forever. I got The Lottery and Other Stories and read half of them. I was expecting ghost stories; some, though, like "The Renagade" were upsetting. I'd read that "The Lottery", when it was originally published in The New Yorker, generated more letters than anything they'd ever run before. I'm going to be honest: I already knew what it was about and I had trouble following exactly what was going on. I get the ending but I couldn't explain it.

Still wanna read The Haunting of Hill House.

No comments: