Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Another book idea

This brings the total up to five I think. I was sitting on my loveseat a few minutes ago and I got the idea to write a book about the city I live in. There have already been a few books written about it- one, in the 1990s, got nationwide attention- but mine will be something different. While that other book, which I liked, was more about life-long residents, I want want mine to focus on creative people in the area, painters and musicians and writers. I'd like for it to be about regional art.

I'd also like for it to be more of a picture book, more visual. I want people to see everything right in front of them. And I want it to be the kind of book where even people who lived here forever will see things they've never seen before.

Maybe I'll focus on shut-ins. There's alot going on indoors in someone's private space, that people might never see.

No comments: